This solar kit has several important features which make it a truly unique, premium quality product:
- It is completely waterproof, including the solar charge controller fitted on the back (genuine IP67-waterproof solar controller), which means it is suitable for all weather conditions
- The high efficiency 50W + 50W folding solar panels are made of high quality monocrystalline solar cells
- The protective bag is not just a dust cover - it is a sturdy protective case made with a layer of foam which prevents accidental damage to the frame and glass
- The advanced, fully automated 10A solar charge controller provides complete overcharge protection and supports several battery types with different charging parameters for maximum efficiency (sealed, gel, flooded batteries)
This high quality, waterproof 100W folding solar kit is designed to provide free power for charging 12V batteries, for example in vehicles and boats (motorhome, caravan, camper, narrow boat, yacht etc) or any other systems with a 12V battery or battery bank. It comes with everything required for battery charging: an advanced 10A 12V solar charge controller, and 5m cable with a battery plug, fuse and crocodile clips. You can start using the kit immediately - simply connect it to your battery and find a well-lit area for the folding solar panels.
The kit comes with a stand which is very easy to set up and adjust. A handle and latches ensure ease of storage and portability. The storage case included with the kit is made with a layer of foam, which will completely protect the glass and the frame and prevent any accidental damages. In addition, the corners of solar panels are protected by plastic which reduces the risk of damage and adds to the aesthetically pleasing design.
The 10A waterproof solar charge controller included with the kit will protect your battery from over-charging (it controls the state of charge of your battery every second). The controller has many other protection functions, such as stopping reverse current at night (from the battery back to the solar panel), incorrect polarity and short circuit protection. Controller uses PWM (Pulse Width Modulation) technology which increases charge acceptance and prolongs the life of your battery. PWM technology can also recover some lost battery capacity.
In addition, the solar charge controller has a very high degree of water protection - IP67 (which means it's completely sealed), so it is absolutely safe to use this solar kit in all weather conditions.
This model also features advanced communication technology, which offers the user the opportunity to monitor and program parameters for the solar charge controller through various methods:
1) The controller can be connected to a remote meter MT50 with an LCD screen, which displays system performance information and allows the user to manually adjust parameters and load settings. Requires a RS485 to RJ45 cable to extend from controller to the remote meter.
2) The controller can be connected to a Wi-Fi module to create a Wi-Fi network, to which your mobile phone or tablet can connect, in order to monitor or adjust charging parameters and controller settings through a free mobile app - Solar Station Monitor (available for Android and iOS users). Requires an RS485 to RJ45 cable to extend from controller to the Wi-Fi module.
3) An RS485 to USB cable can be used to connect the controller directly to your PC / laptop, where parameters and settings can be monitored and adjusted via a free computer program - Solar Station Monitor (Windows-based PCs and laptops only).
Using one of these communication methods, the user will gain access to various charging parameters such as voltage, current (separately for solar panel / load), battery state of charge, accumulated charge and discharge energy, min/max voltage and other information. If required the user will also be able to amend the battery type and capacity, set charging volts for different charging stages, specify the duration of each charging stage, create a user-defined battery type with charging parameters specific to their battery (if the pre-existing options are unsuitable), personalise the 'load' settings (e.g. set timers for lighting, fans, pumps) and more.
The kit is suitable for sealed, gel and flooded 12V batteries: the solar charge controller allows battery type selection for maximum efficiency of charging.